About More w/ Less

A while ago I canceled our cable TV and over the years I have found
other sources of entertainment on the web. This blog is dedicated to;
groups/individuals I’ve found that have dedicated their resources
and talent to self produce and/or self distribute movies, music,
and other performance arts

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hillbilly Heart

So I’m a hillbilly, this is a proclamation I share with most people I’ve known for awhile. My mom was born in Kentucky and married off at age 14. My dad was raised in the hills of West Virginia and his brother’s wife didn’t have to change her last name. I was raised in valley just south west of the Ozarks about 60 miles south of Branson where I grew up fishing, hunting, camping, ect. My family had a large van growing up where I spent many hours reading while listening to my father's music as we drove on family vacations. So as to my father’s taste in music I grew up listening to bluegrass, hymns, gospel, folk music and combination there of and most of it I actually enjoyed.  

Reina DelCid's music is of this ilk. I would classify her music by today’s standard as coffee house music. Her music is personal, usually has a story to tell and very good. Not good because she has the best voice, although her voice is nice with an impressive natural range. Not good because her songs are the best, I often question some of her lyrical choices (although some of her lyrics are genius). What DelCid has is a very skilled ear for blending her music with great alliteration; she blends sounds very well.


Reina also has a great sense of imagery in her lyrics and often shows a rye since of humor in her music. What strikes me are her memorable lyrics and represents what music by truly  independent musicians is suppose to be honest, creative and raw. You can find out more about Reina at her myspce page www.myspace.com/reinadelcid


Reina is hard to present as an artist because many of her songs have different great aspects of her talent to illustrate, but I haven’t found any one of her songs that represent all of her ability. Although a couple of my favorite songs are Wonder and Emily.


Do you like Reina Del Cid's music? Let me know what you think about Reina's music in the comments section. If you like Reina Del Cid's music more can be found on You-tube, tell your freinds about her Music; or better yet send your friends a link to More w/ Less and let me tell them about great artists I've found on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment