About More w/ Less

A while ago I canceled our cable TV and over the years I have found
other sources of entertainment on the web. This blog is dedicated to;
groups/individuals I’ve found that have dedicated their resources
and talent to self produce and/or self distribute movies, music,
and other performance arts

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sam Hart

I have never been musically inclined or followed music much, although for some reason I have always seemed to have very intimate (emotional speaking) friendships throughout my life with extremely musically talented people. I say this as an introduction to my own experience with music or lack there of (I’m not sure which) and to describe my own tastes in music, which tend to be erratic. I like things that I simply find well done.

This rambling has a segue into our next artiest Sam Hart. Sam is a singer, songwriter, musician that is hard to define. He has a beautiful voice and sings songs from quirky Adam Sandlerisk to Irish ballads. What first impressed me about Sam is that he is the first artist that I have know to write a Lullaby, and it impressed the hell out of me. Not only was it quite good, but simply the … well I can’t think of an appropriate word, but I was impressed by him desiring and creating such a piece of art.
I can’t say that his music is ever going to be top 40, indie dance, or to everyone’s liking, but for me at least he’s simply fun to listen to. His most well received song is one he wrote about Mario Kart.
Currently Sam Hart doesn’t have any albums out, although he says he is working on putting one together. You can follow him on Twitter or find his music on you tube. A shout out to the super hero fans, Sam has a funny little song about a villian turning to the side of good.
So if you like Sam Hart tell your friends or better yet send them a link to More w/ Less.

No comments:

Post a Comment