About More w/ Less

A while ago I canceled our cable TV and over the years I have found
other sources of entertainment on the web. This blog is dedicated to;
groups/individuals I’ve found that have dedicated their resources
and talent to self produce and/or self distribute movies, music,
and other performance arts

Monday, March 14, 2011

Alternative Past


Growing up a good friend introduced me to three bands that changed how I forever listened to music. These three bands were Depeche Mode, New Order and Duran Duran. My friend copied a tape for me with their songs and I listened to that tape for years. Now as I referred to, in a previous blog,  I grew up in the hills of the Ozarks and you can imagine how my interest in "New Wave" music was accepted by my peers. Three years of swirlies later my family moved out of hill country and moved to … Iowa.

I know for most people Iowa doesn’t shout metropolitan, but my family actually moved to a good sized city and I had opportunities that I had no previous exposure to. I was far more in my element in the city then I was in a small town. The people in Iowa were more accepting of me then where I had grown up and my small townness seemed to set people at ease.

Through someone that would eventually become a very close friend I was introduced to a new world of music, dancing, clubs, bands and vice. I worked in nightclubs with some bands that would eventually become stars of grunge, alternative, and industrial genre of music.

“My Future Lies” is an alternative band from Australia that reminds me of the 80’s. Luck Lukess is the singer, songwriter, guitar player for the three piece band. “My Future Lies” has been playing venues for nearly six years and has three albums all independently produced. On of my favorite songs is Summer Rain

(You may have to refresh your brouser to load the mp3 players on the page.)





Lukess has produced songs played on MTV, The Apprentice, and more recently MTV's reality series Freshwater Blue which features 6 of his tunes. I was fortunate enough to be introduced to “My Future Lies” by one of my goallineblitz buddies. This group of  Australians have a song called Miss American Girl



You can go to "My Future Lies"to find out more about the band or you can check out their myspace page. One of “My Future Lies”best known song here in America is Kissing you in the Driveway.



Do you like “My Future Lies”? Let me know what you think about My Future Lies music in the comments section. If you like “My Future Lies” music you can find more on Itunes, and tell your freinds about their Music; or better yet send your friends a link to More w/ Less and let me tell them about great artists I've found on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment